Saturday 14 April 2012

Sponge a layer for JUGS

This week, Just Us Girls has a challenge to make a card using sponging to create a false layer effect. I've used this technique before, and I love it, so I was quite happy to give it another go.
I used Tattered Rose Distress Ink to do the sponging, the stamped the blossom stamp (from a Stampin' Up set - can't remember the name of the set, sorry) and then coloured the blossoms with RV11 and RV29 Copics, with highlights with my Uniball Signo broad white gel pen. The sentiment is from Amuse Art Stamps.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I like the two layers you created and how you colored them! So pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fabulous splitting~ Gorgeous card~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sponge technique is perfect! I only used my Nestie edge to sponge the focal mat of my card, but I'm definitely going to try this with the torn edge and stamping over top. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done...I'd love for you to link up this week at 52 Card Pickup!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous strips of stamping and sponging, Michelle! Thanks for linking your card for "How I stretch my Stamps" challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.