Saturday, 12 May 2012

Happy mothers day

I saw this card from Jennifer McGuire yesterday, and I knew that I had to give it a go!  I don't have the Distress Markers (yet) so I used my Tombow markers - they gave a great result, but they don't seem to move and play in water as much as Distress inks do. 
 I stamped and white embossed the Hero Arts / Studio Calico Lattice Background stamp, and then coloured in all the spaces with my Tombows.  
 I sprayed the background with Perfect Pearls in water - so the whole card shimmers!  The black pearls are just white pearls coloured in with a black Copic marker.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
Happy Mothers Day to all the lovely mums out there :)

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! Reminds me of a stained glass window!! BEAUTIFUL colors and patterns, and I LOVE the font of that sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a labour of love!! Very apt for a Mothers' Day card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. even thought the tombow inks dont lend that much as compared to distress inks but i think you nailed JM's card! when i first saw it, i instantly knew where you got the inspiration from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty-- it looks like you had lots of fun making this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, and it looks like it was a lot of fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and what a wonderful way to use the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these!!! The perfect pearls just make it PoP...love your colour combos. It guides the eyes to glide. TFS HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would make a good easter card too, those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!