Monday 16 July 2012

Inspired by .....

....Jennifer McGuire!   When I saw that the new challenge at A Blog Named Hero is to make a card inspired by a Hero Arts Artist, there was no doubt in my mind that I'd be making a card inspired by Jennifer McGuire.  (That's not to say that I won't also make cards inspired by Shari Carroll, Tami Hartley, Kelly Rasmussen or Lisa Spangler - all artists I admire greatly).  I find Jennifer's work beautiful, inspirational and classy, and she is just so generous with the papecrafting community - she's just fabulous!

I didn't actually go to Jennifer's blog and choose a particular card to CASE, I just got out a bunch of HA supplies that I know Jennifer has used and loves, and tried my best.  I know she has mentioned how much she likes the Flower Dot Pattern background stamp from HA and Basic Grey, I know she loves distress inks, and I know she ADORES Perfect Pearls.  So, starting with those three things (and adding a finishing touch of scattered black pearls), I came up with this:




Thanks for visiting - have a great day :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Beautiful inking and the perfect pearls is a perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us at ABNH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card - one of my fave colour combos and it is so shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous background you have created Michelle! You nailed Jennifer's style, and I adore all that shimmer :) Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great inkiness - it definitely looks something like jm would make :)

    Visiting from ABNH Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Come by and visit sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! I love the background, the color and the perfect pearl sparkle you've added! The little bit of black serves as a visual anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.