Monday, 16 July 2012

Inspired by .....

....Jennifer McGuire!   When I saw that the new challenge at A Blog Named Hero is to make a card inspired by a Hero Arts Artist, there was no doubt in my mind that I'd be making a card inspired by Jennifer McGuire.  (That's not to say that I won't also make cards inspired by Shari Carroll, Tami Hartley, Kelly Rasmussen or Lisa Spangler - all artists I admire greatly).  I find Jennifer's work beautiful, inspirational and classy, and she is just so generous with the papecrafting community - she's just fabulous!

I didn't actually go to Jennifer's blog and choose a particular card to CASE, I just got out a bunch of HA supplies that I know Jennifer has used and loves, and tried my best.  I know she has mentioned how much she likes the Flower Dot Pattern background stamp from HA and Basic Grey, I know she loves distress inks, and I know she ADORES Perfect Pearls.  So, starting with those three things (and adding a finishing touch of scattered black pearls), I came up with this:




Thanks for visiting - have a great day :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Beautiful inking and the perfect pearls is a perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us at ABNH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card - one of my fave colour combos and it is so shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous background you have created Michelle! You nailed Jennifer's style, and I adore all that shimmer :) Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great inkiness - it definitely looks something like jm would make :)

    Visiting from ABNH Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Come by and visit sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! I love the background, the color and the perfect pearl sparkle you've added! The little bit of black serves as a visual anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!