Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Stretch Your Stamps, Day 2, Card 1

Today's topic in Stretch your Stamps is making the most of collage stamps.  Now, I'm not a collage stamp kind of girl - I have none at all!  The closest I come to a collage stamp is a square text stamp from a Stampin' Up set that I very rarely use.  I decided to pull it out, along with a butterfly from the same set (that is a very annoying stamp - the adhesive cushiony stuff that sticks the stamp to the woodblock is thinner at one end than the other, so it requires a bit of judicious rocking to get a decent impression - even then, I had to fill in the left edge of each butterfly with a black felt tip pen.)

Anyway, I liked Kristina Werner's idea of creating a watercolour emboss resist, so I did that.  I also thought I'd go outside my comfort zone in terms of colour - I usually use yellow, orange and brown sparingly, but I think this turned out OK.  Also went outside my comfort zone in the fact that there is NO SENTIMENT!! *gasp!*
I'll be submitting this card to CAS-ual Fridays "Text Me" challenge.



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Really like the hand-drawn border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty, loving the yellow butterflies. sweet, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Absolutely love the colors - good that you went out of your comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely my favorite card in the gallery today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous, Michelle! You obviously aced the class! Love your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Michelle - FAB card! And, just in case you missed that, I LOVE it!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow is this stunning. you did anmazing job with the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle - great job all around with this card! Going outside your comfort zone paid off! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love that texty stamp with the butterflies-perfect combination :) Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!