Monday, 2 June 2014

A Blog Named Hero - It's Not in the Cards!

Our challenge at A Blog Named Hero this week is "It's not in the cards" - that is, make anything but a card! I don't often make papercrafty things that aren't cards, but it's good to push yourself outside your comfort zone once in a while :)
I made a bookmark - and then I made a second one, just because I could!
This month, the DT ladies at ABNH are such lucky ducks - we get to play with goodies from Finding Nana, AND from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft!! (as well as always playing with our favourite Hero Arts goodies!)
I created the background with Gelatos from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft in Snow Cone, Watermelon and Raspberry.  I sliced a small wedge off the end of the Gelatos, and mixed them withsome water on my craft mat, then used a paint brush to flick the colour onto the white cardstock.  I then added some washi tape from Finding Nana and some feather stamps from Hero Arts. I finished off with some ribbon and twine from my stash, and a flair button with a sentiment that I thought was appropriate for a bookmark. 

I made the base of this next bookmark the same way as the first, but used more of the Snow Cone gelato than in the first bookmark.  I then added my new favourite washi from Finding Nana - I just ADORE the piano keyboard pattern!  I'm going to be using this one a lot!! I finished with some butterflies from Hero Arts "Butterfly and Flower" set in black. 



Thanks SO MUCH to our generous sponsors:



and, as always, there's a prize up for grabs from the FABULOUS Simon Says Stamp

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=634982&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom
Make sure you visit A Blog Named Hero to see all the non-card projects from the design team. 
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com.au/
Thanks for visiting - have a great day :)

Supplies used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!