Thursday 5 June 2014

Bookmark CASEing Kelly

I saw a bookmark made by the amazing Kelly Latevola earlier this week, and I decided I needed to make one like it!  I pulled out the same stamp set, and pulled out my Copics, and got stamping and colouring, but I decided that I wouldn't go back and look at Kelly's magnificent creation (see it HERE) to jog my memory of the exact details, because then I would just end up copying hers!! All I remembered was that she used the Hero Arts Butterfly and Flower stamp set, and coloured them with Copics.  Mine turned out much simpler (and not nearly as awesome as Kelly's!)


I'll be submitting this to Keep it Simple's bookmark challenge (where you will also find Kelly's completely fabulous entry - please go and give her some love!)  And, because I used a tag topper scalloped punch from Stampin' Up, I'll also be submitting this to Virginia's View "Tags and Scraplings" challenge.  My recycled item is the short scrap of gingham ribbon, which was originally wrapped around a gift I was given last year. 

http://kis-challenge.blogspot.de/2014/05/keep-it-simple-41-lesezeichenbookmarks.html
http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/virginias-view-challenge-4.html


Thanks for visiting :)

9 comments:

  1. ahhhh you flatter me! Yours is beautiful! I completely suck at watercolor and you so rock it. The embossing looks amazing and you know I love that shimmery butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is one GORGEOUS bookmark, Michelle! Love the colors and pretty flowers and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Michelle! Your inking is fabulous! The colors are so bright and cheery! Wat to sue that gingham ribbon! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FABULOUS Michelle - gorgeous colours & stamping :) So glad you joined in the fun @ Keep It Simple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is a happy tag-mark for sure. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Gorgeous colours and great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag, Michelle. Love the bright colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous bookmark!! Thanks for playing at KIS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.