Monday, 11 August 2014

Don't look too closely

Everything that could go wrong with making this card DID go wrong.  I won't bore you with the details.  I think it looks OK from a distance - just don't look too closely! 
I was trying Debby Hughes' colouring technique - but I have none of the spray mists she used, so I improvised with Distress Markers.  Next time, I will do it slightly differently.  But I thought I'd post it anyway, because taking class is all about learning, and that includes learning from mistakes. 

http://onlinecardclasses.com/SYS2/

6 comments:

  1. Lol...even closely your butterfly card is lovely and soft! Love it. I myself didn't have those sprays or distress marks, so i used inktense pencils...had super fun doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a beautiful card. Thanks for deciding to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may think everything went wrong, yet I see a beautiful, nicely colored card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I think your card is lovely! Soft colours, pretty butterflies and a wonderful take on Debby's technique. I'm "aspiring" to create something similar; like you, relying on distress markers, which are, at the moment, causing distress!! Your success here is giving me incentive to keep trying...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what all went wrong but I think it's beautiful! I wanted to try this style of coloring too but was too scared I wouldn't be able to give up the control. Maybe I'll try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! I don't see problems either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!