Sunday 9 November 2014

Watercoloured Christmas tree

I love cards made by Dawn Woleslagle - she's such an amazing artist!  I don't have nearly as much patience as she does, though, but I thought I'd give her technique of watercolouring from a stamp a go.
I don't have a wreath stamp like she used in Day 3 of the current Online card class, so I pulled out my Snowy Tree cling stamp from Hero Arts, which I thought would be good for this technique.
Well, it took me a fair amount of time (I don't know exactly how long, as I didn't time myself, but significantly longer than I usually spend on one image), but I am really happy with the result.



 I'll be sharing this card over at Virginia's View for her "All things metallic" challenge.
http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/11/virginias-view-challenge-9.html
As well as to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown
http://52cct.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/november-colour-challenge.html
And to the Tree-mendous Tree Challenge in the Moxie Fab World
Thanks for visiting :)

13 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful Michelle, you have done an amazing job!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your effort with the Christmas tree were well worth it and the sentiment on the vellum.
    hugs
    Margaret M
    PS Lovely day here in Tassie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time you spent was well worth it - this is simply beautiful, and so much more than a Christmas card - it's a wonderful keepsake to be treasured. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at 52 CCT this week. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the watercoloured Christmas tree, it really is a work of art. Fabulous embossed sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classy and elegant, Michelle! The gold-embossed sentiment on vellum is perfect! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Love the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. très charmante et jolie création Michelle, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. The watercolored look of your card is amazing! The elegant font for the sentiment goes so nicely with the traditional tree image. I totally love this card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 52{C}CT! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was time well spent this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, love your traditional design with this modern water-coloured twist :) Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time well spent as it is gorgeous!! I love your gold banner sentiment too. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.