Monday, 23 November 2015

Kindness is goodness is magic!

I am such a lucky lady!  I received a package in the mail today from Jennifer McGuire! A little parcel of happiness, with some handmade foiled cards, a stamp from Hero Arts, washi tape, temporary tattoos, stickers, the list goes on!
I decided to take one of her foiled cards and decorate it.  This required some cutting down (eek! I actually cut a card made by Jennifer McGuire! I'm not quite over the shock of my bald-faced guts!)
I started with some white cardstock from Papertrey Ink.  I added the fairy-tale castle from a Disney Princess stamp set from EK Success. I then cut masks with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders die, and added some Hero Arts shadow ink in Green Hills and Soft Pool, using a Ranger ink blending tool over the masks.  I put some of the washi tape from Jennifer on the left of the card, then popped up the foiled sentiment on some foam tape.  A sprinkling of sequins from Simon Says Stamp, and I'm done!
The foiling is just so shiny - I've never done foiling, and I've never actually seen the results of foiling with a Minc machine up until today. I'll have to put it on my wish list for next year (I've already getting something else from my crafty wish list for Christmas - can you say MISTI?!)
http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2015/11/share-handmade-kindness-challenge-week-3-children.html
Thanks for visiting :)  

1 comment:

  1. Well aren't you a lucky duck. I love how you used what she sent you, you have made a wonderful card out of it. Love the little castle on the hill, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!