Sunday 26 June 2016

I made a stamp!

Hello - I have a bit of a different card today - not because of the colours, or the techniques, or the design, but because the leaf stamp that I used is handmade. 

Handmade by me!!!
My brother gave me a lino cutter and stamp carving kit a little while ago. It has some little rubber discs and a mini lino-cutting tool and blades, so that you can design and carve your own stamps! (The kit is from a company in the UK called Essdee - you can find them HERE). 

So, you start with a blank white disk of adhesive-backed rubber:
 You draw your design on it in pencil:
 You get out the appropriate blades - I remembered a little bit about doing lino cutting in school, and I started with the smallest blade to carve the detail, and then used the wider blade to remove the background:
I then decided to cut the stamp down so there was less background, and I mounted it onto an old acrylic block to test it with black ink.  This allowed me to decide which bits needed to be carved out a bit more:
I then cleaned it thoroughly before inking it with Versamark to white-emboss the leaves. Then I blended some Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks over the top, then stamped the leaf using the same ink colours over the top. I wiped the excess ink of the top off the white embossing with the ink blending tool. 
 I then prepped the card surface with my powder tool, before I used my MIST to stamp the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's "Big Scripty Greetings" in Versafine Onyx Black ink, and then embossed with clear embossing powder.
 Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

  1. This is so awesome - love that leaf! Great card; love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!! And your card is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Michelle!! Your stamp and card looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Great handmade stamp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's great. Love the card you've made with your stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.