Tuesday 13 September 2016

It's a good day to be happy

I've spotted some very cute and rainbowy cards in blogland recently, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon. 
I created the background with the Swirl stencil from Hero Arts, and I added colour using some Copic markers applied using my Tim Holtz Distress Marker spritzer. (Copic sketch markers will fit if you remove the inner sleeve on the marker arm of the tool).  This application gives a cool textural look to the background. (have you seen the latest challenge at A Blog Named Hero? It's all about texture!)

I stamped the bunny from Mama Elephant's "Up and Away", and the balloon from Ellen Hutson's "Sock Monkey Surprise" onto white cardstock using Hero Arts Intense Black ink (it is a Copic friendly ink).  I then coloured with some of the same Copic markers I used for the background (plus some paler ones to blend), and then added them to the card front, and drew on some strings for the balloons freehand. The sentiment was from the same Mama Elephant set. 

I will be sharing this card at Virginia's View challenge, which is to use a spray, mist or splatter.
http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/virginia-view-challenge-23.html





Thanks for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.