Friday 25 October 2019

Challenge me a Christmas Card with Therese Calvird

Welcome to "Challenge me a Christmas Card" for 2019! I have asked cardmaking friends to join me in the lead up to Christmas by challenging me to make a card using a specific style, theme, technique or product.



My guest for today is Therese Calvird of  Lost in Paper. Therese has challenged me to make a card with the theme "sentiments".

You can check out her take on the challenge HERE

Here's what I came up with:


I was inspired by some cards by Laura Bassen to make a background using stripes of colour. The colour scheme was inspired by another card challenge I have been set that you will see next week! I stamped and white embossed a sentiment from Stampin' Up over the stripy panel. I cut the panel using a stitched rectangles die from Lil' Inkers, and then cut it on an angle through the middle. I cut multiple white pieces using the Joy die from Birch Press, a shadow from vellum and a top layer of glitter cardstock. The "to the world" stamped sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.



I had some of the stripy panel left over, so I made another card!



 Thanks for visiting :)

6 comments:

  1. Michelle those stripes are very popular - I've even made a few of my own! LOve your choice of colors, and both of these very Merry cards!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous Michelle! Love how you have repeated the sentiment over the striped background and on the CAS version used the stripes for the sentiment, so so clever and in the cutest colour combo too! Thanks so much for another great challenge, you really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I have only just found your blog (via Therese Calvird's Blog)..... what beautiful cards!!
    Just couldn't help myself but to follow. Looking forward to seeing all your amazing artwork to come. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Michelle. Loving the colours you have chosen.
    Thanks for sharing.
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards. They inspire me to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute!! I LOVE the pretty colors you used and the way you used the paper strips is GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.