Sunday, 2 October 2011

Feeling loopy

This weeks CASual Fridays challenge is to put loops somewhere on a card.  I've seen this done on a few cards before, but never done it myself, but there's no time like the present!!
I'm kind of addicted to this Japanese patterned paper now - it is just so gorgeous!  I also stamped some leaves in versamark in the background, because the background looked a bit stark without it. 

 I cut about 1cm off the right side of the front of the card, so I could have the sentiment hang over the edge without it getting squished up in an envelope ;).   I added a strip of red to the inside of the card just to set it off.
 This loopy idea is great to use up little bits of left over ribbon - this bit was not even really long enough to tie a bow with, but I cut it into 3 pieces and looped each around, fastening with a glue dot.  The SU antique brad in the middle sets it off nicely, I think :)

4 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous CAS card Michelle! Congrats on your win at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! Great ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow stunning!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful! I love that paper and the ribbon loops are a perfect accent to that beautiful brad :) Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!