Friday, 2 November 2012

Not a creature was stirring...

I bought this sentiment stamp (from Amuse Art Stamps) a few years ago, and then had to go searching for a mouse stamp (this one is from Penny Black).  I used them both in my Christmas cards 3 years ago, before I owned any Copics (honestly, before I was even aware of the existance of Copics!!!), so back then I coloured the little fella with my Derwent coloured pencils.  I was happy enough with the results, but the Copics are just so much easier to blend, and give such a nice, smooth result!
I had to pull this mouse stamp out again today after watching the fabulous colouring video by Sandy Allnock in the Holiday Card Workshop today.  I took a while to put this card together, as I thought the smooth colouring and shadows gave the little mouse a kind of a vintage feel (I know, weird for such a cutesie image!), and the font on the sentiment is definitely vintage in feel, so I went with a dark burgundy card base that just didn't look quite right, until I added the Hero Arts holly swirl background stamp using just Versamark ink - I think it added just the right touch :)  I also diecut the main image to give it a nice little frame. 





6 comments:

  1. Just adorable! Terrific coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great coloring and this sentiment is made for this cute image. I saw your card on the class gallery and had to visit. I am now a follower - love it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous !! Your coloring is awesome...plus this is such a cute image. Penny Black is another of the lines I really enjoy! Happy to see you in class...and as always...I am LOVING every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you colored things, they really pop! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how your coloring came out!!! Brilliant! :)
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable stamp!! Your coloring and blending is fantastic!!! I sure am enjoying this new OnLineCard Class...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!