Monday, 16 September 2013

CASE study challenge

I only just saw this week's CASE study challenge - I've had my head buried under a pile of assignments to mark, but I decided that, after having a headache all day, I would much rather make a card than mark more assignments tonight! 
You can see that I went with the multi-coloured stripes on the card by September's CASE study muse, the talented Kathy Racoosin.  I decided to pick up on the black stripes by making a black filigree butterfly the focal point, with some heavy, shiny vellum behind it. I added some Wink of Stella glitter to the black butterfly to brighten it up a bit. This is the first time I've used this pair of dies (the "Chrissy" and "Leanna" butterflies from Simon Says Stamp), and I'm already loving them! 
 Thanks for visiting - have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh- great take on the inspiration - love the fading lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely butterfly Michelle; the touch is wink of stella is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!