Sunday 12 January 2014

A new challenge blog, and a favourite!

This is my 2nd post for today - for my Retro Sketches post, click HERE.

The Card Concept is a new challenge blog - and looks like it will be great fun!  I thougth I'd try to combine their first challenge, which is a colour scheme (kraft, pink, espresso and vanilla - and I went with the clean and simple style), with this week's MUSE challenge - which is CASEing a gorgeous, sunny card by Laurie Willison.

I love the smooth image you get with Hero Arts stamps and Shadow Inks.  The pink HA Solid Flower looked a little blotchy to start, but the shadow ink just needs a bit of time to smoothe out perfectly :)   I traced over the sentiment (from Avery Elle) and the faux stitching with my Sakura Gelly Roll glimmer pen for a bit of subtle shimmer.

http://musecardclub.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/muse-challenge-49.htmlhttp://thecardconcept.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/challenge-1-colours-jan-8.html

 Thanks for visiting - I hope you're having a great day :)

14 comments:

  1. wow, this is stunning, luv the stamping, washi tape, and the butterfly..perfect! so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea to combine these two challenges, Michelle, and what an excellent card you made for them! I love it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job combining challenges and a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love the different take from the sun inspiration. Rounding the corners of your card is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to The Card Concept Challenge Michelle. This is such a sweet card. The stamped and washi taped background is so perfect with the gorgeous stitched butterfly. Love how the sentiment flows through the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination of these challenges - I love how you've used Laurie's layout with the Card Concept colours! Thanks for joining us at Muse and the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card combining both challenges, Michelle! Delightful!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle. Great job combining the two challenges. LOVE your beautiful sponged blossom ... and your washi tape is crazy cute! Love pink and brown together - awesome color combo. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh that is a lovely card!! Love how you combined the two challenges! Thanks so much for joining us for the first challenge at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Michelle and love the use of the big chrysanthemum stamp as the background. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is so pretty !! I love the washi tapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, beautifully stamped image and the washi tape is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card! I love the sentiment inside the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.