Saturday, 25 January 2014

Online Card Class: Stenciled Day 1

Another Online Card Class began today - didn't get much done this morning, as I was not feeling crash hot, but managed to get myself to Spotlight to buy 3 new stencils from Kaiser Craft.  I don't own many stencils, and the ones that I do have are quite geometric, and I was not in a geometric mood, so wanted something more organic - know what I mean?  Anyway, here's my first card:
I used the 12x12 template from Kaiser Craft called "leaves" for this one - used my ink blending tool with 2 distress inks - Spun Sugar first, then moved the stencil and added some Worn Lipstick.  Finished with "Happy Birthday" from Stamp It in Hero Hues black ink.   I decided it needed a teeny bit more oomph, so I painted over the Worn Lipstick with my clear Wink of Stella brush. You can just make it out in the next photo.

http://onlinecardclasses.com
Back soon with another stenciled card :)  Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love the colors that you chose...so pretty, and your sentiment works really well with your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable with that shadow-like flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the colours are Fab. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I'm slow in catching up (blogger issues galore), but here I am hoping my comment will stick, to applaud how pretty your card is! You've completed your 'homework' with flair and style! The whisper of glitter adds such a special touch. Fabulous! Hope you're feeling better!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! Love it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effect you achieved by moving your stencil slightly for the second color...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle --- How have your been? I can see that you are still creating amazing cards and just LOVE how this came out. I am totally enjoying this class and can't wait to try more cards, which should be this week. I'll be sad when it quickly ends tomorrow, especially because I am behind! BooHOO! Thanks for sharing and Congrats on all your fabulous Design Team roles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - LOVE the stencil & the sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the shadow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, love the shadow effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!