Sunday 4 October 2015

Feel better soon

I wish it wasn't the case, but I have a lot of friends at the moment in need of get well cards.  I needed a bit of inspiration, and then a challenge popped up in my Facebook feed, hosted by Gayatri Murali over at the Winnie and Walter blog.  I  decided to join in.
I started with a piece of Canson Watercolour paper.  I used a sentiment from Hero Arts (stamped in Hero Arts Black), along with the "Big Bold Extras" set from Winnie and Walter.  I did some Versamark stamping with the rose image, then white embossed the rose, masked, then repeated this process. I coloured the roses with Distress Markers in Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves, and added some water to blend and soften the colour.  I then watered down some Tumbled Glass Distress ink and painted a blue halo around the flowers.  I mounted the panel onto a white card base, with a strip of card swiped in Ripe Persimmon on the left.  A coat of Wink of Stella and a scattering of sequins were the finishing touches.

 Here's the sketch from Gayatri at Winnie and Walter:
http://www.blog.winniewalter.com/2015/10/wcmd-2015-sketched-with-gayatri.html
 Winnie and Walter have a bunch of challenges to celebrate World Cardmaking Day - one of which is to take a photo of your crafty space.  Well, these few objects are always front and centre on my craft desk:
This mug with my paint brushes in it was made for me by a crafty friend, Teresa Xanthos (it has my name on the other side of the mug.) I also have my Copic Hex Chart (by Sandy Allnock) in the background, and my tub of embossing paste to remind me to use it!

I'll also be linking this card up at Virginia's View challenge - all things coloured!
http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/virginias-view-challenge-19.html

Thanks for visiting :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.