Friday 23 June 2017

Blue birthday wishes

I was out for lunch with my crafty friend Cecilia yesterday and as we were paying for our meals, I noticed a blue and white patterned plate next to the cash register. I immediately decided that I had to make a blue and white card when I got home. So I did!
I used the Floral Fantasy background stamp from My Favorite Things, white embossed onto Canson watercolour paper. I then coloured randomly with Zig clean color real brush markers and sprayed with water. (I actually had a false start with this card - I accidentally sprayed with stamp cleaner instead of water! That piece ended up in the bin!)
I added a sentiment using alphabet stamps from Concord & 9th, and a die from Mama Elephant. I also cut the panel with add a strip of blue down the left to give the sentiment something to attach to.
I'll be sharing this card at The Challenge at Lesley Croghan's blog "Always Playing with Paper". I'll also be joining in at "Inspired by all the Little Things"
http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/the-challenge-88-keywords.html
Thanks for visiting :)

15 comments:

  1. So happy that plate inspired you. This is one gorgeous card! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SIMPLY FABULOUS!! Thanks for playing along at Inspired By All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Michelle! I love how you coloured the image - those blues are stunning. Thanks for joining us this week at Inspired By All The Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue and white too! What color pens did you use? A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used the colours "Blue" and "Persian Blue".

      Delete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your plate story, too! I'm so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love your card - just sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Love the blue and where you got your inspiration from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the different shades of blue, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card...love all those gorgeous shades of blue! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty - that background is amazing! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love the plate story and I agree the blue and white is so eye catching! Love that big, bold sentiment , too! So happy you joined us at The Challenge! XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love the blue and white! It's great when we can find inspiration from what's around us and translate it into a design, especially when it's as pretty as this one. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.