After looking at my first three cards using the week one colour scheme from the Summer Card Camp, I realised that one card was mainly white, one mainly blue and one white but with a big pink block. I decided that maybe I could use each of the colours as a background - which means I have purple and orange to go!
Isn't it funny how cards evolve as you're making them? This one started off as a very simple card, with 4 coloured blocks and 4 large buttons (from Basic Grey). I then decided that I'd stamp the coloured squares to add a little interest. Then I decided to add the scalloped border. Then I decided it needed a sentiment. Then I decided to replace 2 of the buttons with flowers (I think they're from K and Company). At the last minute, I put the blue square with orange flower at an angle. It looks a lot more complicated now than when I began!
I always admire looking at Kristina Werner's videos - mainly because most of the time, she has a definite plan in mind (backed up by a sketch) - she sometimes veers away from the sketch, but not often! My cards rarely begin with a plan - they're more a lesson in evolution!! Seeing as I'm a biologist, maybe that's appropriate! LOL!
Keep an eye out for card 5 - Orange!! Card 5 is a little bit different from the cards I normally make, but I used the window technique that was in Jennifer McGuire's video on Tuesday - fun!!!