Thursday 30 June 2011

Week 1, card 4 - Purple!!!!!

Happy Thursday, everyone :)

After looking at my first three cards using the week one colour scheme from the Summer Card Camp, I realised that one card was mainly white, one mainly blue and one white but with a big pink block.   I decided that maybe I could use each of the colours as a background - which means I have purple and orange to go!

Here's purple:


Isn't it funny how cards evolve as you're making them? This one  started off as a very simple card, with 4 coloured blocks and 4 large buttons (from Basic Grey).  I then decided that I'd stamp the coloured squares to add a little interest.  Then I decided to add the scalloped border. Then I decided it needed a sentiment.  Then I decided to replace 2 of the buttons with flowers (I think they're from K and Company).  At the last minute, I put the blue square with orange flower at an angle.  It looks a lot more complicated now than when I began!

I always admire looking at Kristina Werner's videos - mainly because most of the time, she has a definite plan in mind (backed up by a sketch) - she sometimes veers away from the sketch, but not often!   My cards rarely begin with a plan - they're more a lesson in evolution!! Seeing as I'm a biologist, maybe that's appropriate! LOL!

Keep an eye out for card 5 - Orange!!  Card 5 is a little bit different from the cards I normally make, but I used the window technique that was in Jennifer McGuire's video on Tuesday - fun!!!



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.