Monday, 11 July 2011

Week 3, Card 1 - Summer Card Camp

Hooray for a new weekly colour scheme!  Boo - we're half way through!  2 weeks have gone quickly!!

Three patterned papers!  Kristina's tips have come in handy :)



I originally thought I'd finished the card as you see it here,
but it didn't look finished.  Then I looked at it using Kristina Werner's tips about balance, and I realised it was bottom heavy with red.  That's when I added the red bling apples in the tree - I like it MUCH better with the apples :)

I actually CASEd myself for this card layout - the original design can be seen here

Stamps - the tree is Stampin' Up, the sentiment and the birdy are Hero Arts Clear Design: All occasions.
Paper - Stampin' Up
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia
Tombow marker - crimson
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! I love the combination of stripes you've chosen at the bottom of the card - very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your work Michelle. Good choice going with the "apples." It made a really cute card even cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you mean (comparing this to your other) . . . this one looks so "polished" and balanced (not that your other one was something to sneeze at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Fernanda12 July 2011 at 01:51

    Very nice!! See how much we've learned about embellishments? Isn't camp great?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you card and you finished it off beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo cute Michelle! I agree that the apples 'completed' your card! A really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your card. Love the apple bling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!