Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Clean and Simple Cardmaking - week 1, card 5 - single layer card

Hi, all,
Today's challenge at the Clean and Simple cardmaking online class is to make single layered cards - this means no patterned paper, no ribbon, no bling, just a card base and ink!  I'm not terribly good at this kind of card - I've given it a go a couple of times, but today I'm trying again! 
Julie Ebersole's video also mentioned the importance of visual triangles, so I went with that idea with this card.  (BTW, Julie's cardmaking is so fantastic, she blows me away with everthing she does!  And she's just so generous, and funny - her blog and videos are a joy! )

Thanks so much for visiting! :)

8 comments:

  1. I love these stamps! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job with the design - love the stamp you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamps! Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These stamps are from a set called "Mehndi Medallions" by PaperTrey Ink http://www.papertreyink.com/stamps_mehndimedallion.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Michelle - We thought alike about this card! Anytime I need a quick card with some "wow" factor I pull out this set and it always looks great. Like your color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous medallions, love the colours!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. I don't own any PTI stamps yet, but I like what I've seen. I did a similar card here

    These medallion stamps are from Bo Bunny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!