Friday, 13 January 2012

Clean and Simple Cardmaking - week 1, card 19

Jennifer McGuire showed us a really cool technique in class today, using distress inks, blending tool and perfect pearls.  Here's what I came up with using her technique:
Is there any way, short of wearing gloves, to use Distress inks and keep your fingers from getting all inky!  LOL!  I'm a mess!!  BTW, I used my new Festive Berries and Evergreen Bough Distress inks on this card - and I'm in love with these two colours!  Just the best!! 
Thanks for visiting :)

9 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Michelle (here in The Netherlands, Europe, it's 10 am) I just found your blog with beautiful cards! I'd like to see more of them, so I will follow your blog!
    Have a nice weekend,
    Greetings,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really caught my eye! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to GO Michelle! Jennifer Tweeted about this amazing card! I enjoyed this technique and it was totally new to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I don't wear gloves, but I do have one of the Ranger Scrubbie things for my hands and it works great at getting all the ink off!!!

    Here is a link so you can see what I mean:

    http://www.rangerink.com/products/prod_inkssentials_craftScrubbie.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lisa - I have that scrubby thing in my next order from Simon Says! Yay! And thanks for letting me know about Jennifer's tweet - me? Excited? Much? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I was really excited when I read it and wanted to share my excitement with YOU!!!! I think you'll love the scrubbie...I've had mine for a long time and it's still like new! It works very well and doesn't ruin your nails or scratch your skin!

      Hope you are enjoying your weekend!! :)

      Delete
  5. Card nineteen?! You are a card-making maniac. But this is lovely, I think I like it more than Jennifer's circles card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely and FUN! I am pinning and will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!