Monday, 28 May 2012

Hello, handsome!

I had a bit of watercolour cardstock left over from a previous card, where I'd stamped Hero Arts Lattice background and white embossed.  I decided to sweep some Distress inks across it fairly randomly (including the brand new seasonal Distress Ink Peacock Feathers that arrived from Simon Says Stamp just the other day - hooray!) and spritzed with some water and perfect pearls.  I then pulled out my new Hero Arts "Year round sentiments" clear set, and it came together from there.  


This card will be submitted to three challenges - LilyPad Cards Star Challenge, Lawnscaping Embossing challenge and Simon Says Stamp Father's Day/Special Male Challenge :-)

6 comments:

  1. Really fabulous male card. I find cards for men so much more difficult than girly but you have done a brilliant job! Thankyou for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
    Don't forget we are also running a DT Call at the moment
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and cool card...The design is fabulous!! Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card!!
    Love the background & colorcombo!!
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Michelle :-)

    thanks for entering the Soimon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE WATERCOLORING and you knocked it out of the park with this one!!!! OUTSTANDING! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can always tell your cards in the class gallery, Michelle, there is something so clean and balanced about them. Did you have professional art training, or are you self-taught?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!