Saturday, 16 February 2013

Vintage lace

I decided to make another card for A Blog Named Hero's challenge "If I could turn back time", but NOT go with shabby chic!  I wanted to make a CAS card, but with a vintage feel.  With this in mind, I thought I'd try using the colours of CASual Fridays challenge, "Black&White plus1".  This is what I came up with.

Seeing as the focal point is the red rose, I thought I'd also sumbit this to CASology - "RED"




I hope you're having a lovely day :)

**Update - after a couple of comments asking about the lace, it is not actual lace or a stamp, it is patterned paper (one of my favourites) from Cristina Re - you can find it HERE

12 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I think that about sums it up for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Michelle! Elegant, CAS, gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I am not the best with Vintage, but sure am going to try to come up with something for the ABNH challenge!! You are FAST and always comes up with fabulous cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle this is really cool. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that lace or a lace stamp? Love that big, bold rose! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, I love how you used just a strip of lace(or a lace stamp) - beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous rose - and I love the drama of it popping against the black and white! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is stunning! I love this elegant card and the pop of red is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you achieved your goal...a perfect vintage CAS! :) I love this classy design with the black/white duo and a rather pretty pop of red!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love the necklace on the silhouette — perfect touch. Thanks for joining us over at A Blog Named Hero! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, she's beautiful!! Love this! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!