Saturday, 18 January 2014

Butterfies and die cuts

Addicted to CAS has a Die Cut challenge this week.  I wanted to see if I could use die cuts 3 ways - as a mask, as a sentiment and as a traditional die cut image.
I used a Stampin' Up butterfly die as a negative mask to sponge and stamp over the larger butterfly, then cut out the smaller butterfly with a Simon Says Stamp die, and stamped it with the same Hero Arts/Basic Grey flower dot background stamp. 
The sentiment is a mish mash of a PTI die cut, the word "happy" from a Hero Arts clear set, and, "to you" from a HA woodblock stamp (I had to use my stamp positioner for that, as the stamp actually says, "it's just like you to be so nice").
I finished with a pearl that I coloured in black, and some Sakura Jelly Roll glitter pen on the butterfly and the "birthday" die cut.
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/challenge-29.html

I made this card using a sketch from CAS(E) this sketch (the one with the 2 feathers), but my internet access went belly up during our heat wave this week, so I missed the submission date.  :(

Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Michelle. Love the colors. So creative to use the die-cuts in three ways. Thanks for joining us again at ATCAS. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome result, Michelle! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!