Wednesday, 21 January 2015

A new challenge at A Blog Named Hero

There's a new challenge starting today at A Blog Named Hero - the theme is "Personalise".  As soon as I saw this theme, I thought of my sister-in-law, Claudine.  Her name is not common in Australia, so when she was growing up, the shops never had a personalised keyrings or pencils or mugs with her name on it. So, seeing as her birthday is in January, I thought I'd make a card just for her.
I thought I had finished the card with just stamping (and the calligraphy for her name), but the flowers looked a little flat (even though they have a mixture of two different Hero Arts Shadow Inks on them), so I went over them with some matching Copic markers - not much, but enough.  Here's the before and after, side by side, so you can see the difference:

 Make sure you drop on in to A Blog Named Hero to check out what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you.
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com.au/
 And, don't forget, there's a voucher from Simon Says Stamp up for grabs for one lucky entrant!


Supplies:




1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I love this idea! I've got this set at home and was wondering how to use the individual flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!