Tuesday 21 July 2015

A new challenge at A Blog Named Hero

The latest challenge is up at A Blog Named Hero - and it is to let the sentiment be the star!
I used my Lawn Fawn Quinn's alphabet dies to create a negative mask, and stamped Hero Arts Garden Tile Pattern over the top.  Then I used my Copics to colour in the spaces so it looks a bit like a mosaic (When I was in primary school we used to do squiggly patterns on a page, and then colour in the spaces - this was a bit like that!) .  I removed the mask, and I then went around the letters with little dots.  I added the word "birthday" from a Hero Arts set called "Say it All", but there are LOTS of  Hero Arts stamps I could have used for that word!  The final touch was a coat of Wink of Stella over the "happy", and I was done!
Make sure you go and visit A Blog Named Hero to see all the rest of the design team creations, and to link up your own version of the sketch!

As always, our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, has a $25 gift voucher for one of our entrants!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=634982&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom 
Thanks for visiting! :) 


3 comments:

  1. I love your design, Michelle - what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love simplicity of design. Excellent Michelle. Nice job of coloring the mosaic letters.

    Hugs and Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I love that Michelle:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.