Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Challenge me a Christmas Card 14

Welcome back to episode 14 of Challenge me a Christmas Card! Most of these challenges are to use a product, or incorporate a theme - but my friend Anne-Marie challenged me to CASE a particular card - one made by the amazing Debby Hughes of Lime Doodle Design.  You can find her card HERE, but here's my CASE.  

I used a bunch of images from Lawn Fawn's "Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-um" set, and coloured them with my Faber Castell watercolour pencils, before painting over with water to give a messy watercolour look.  I then wanted a sentiment that was red (like Debby's), but I wanted something a bit different, so I die-cut the PTI Merry in Stampin' Up glimmer paper and then stamped the matching "& bright" onto vellum, before adhering it all onto a top folding white card base.

I will be sharing this project at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - the theme is Christmas to die for (ie use die cuts)


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-christmas-to-die-for/
I'll also be sharing this card at Time Out challenge, where the theme is Christmas with an optional twist of glitter or shimmer.
 Thanks for visiting - there'll be more Challenge me a Christmas Card posts coming - stay tuned!!

5 comments:

  1. hello! super sweet card, luv all the details! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card - and a great CASE of Debbie's! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle I love all your cards - this one is so cute and I love the repeat stamping of a cute critter for a background. Nice twist on a trending technique! Thanks for sharing at Time Out! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!