Monday 19 June 2017

Celebrating with Chibitronics and A Blog Named Hero

Hello! I have an interactive card for you today for the challenge at A Blog Named Hero! I know, it's not even time for Christmas in July yet, but it's never to early to start making Christmas cards!!
I used the Snowy Tree cling stamp from Hero Arts - unfortunately discontinued, but the Color Layering Christmas tree stamp is very similar. I stamped it after colouring direct to the rubber with some Zig markers, then spread the colour on the watercolour paper with a water brush. I then stamped the same image over the top to add back in the detail that was lost with the water.
I die cut the star from the top of the tree, and added a Copic coloured piece of vellum behind the negative space. I also gold embossed the sentiment on vellum and wrapped it around the watercolour panel.  
With my first card using the Chibitronics lights (see HERE), I attached the decorated panel to the card base using foam adhesive tape.  This worked great, but I found that when I lit up the card, you could see where the foam tape was behind the panel. I tried a different approach with this card - I attached the watercolour cardstock to a piece of red layering paper from Hero Arts, and I die cut a larger star behind where the smaller star is on top of the tree. I then used two layers of fun foam to raise this panel up on the card base - I just cut another star in the fun foam, and a square in the bottom right corner to make room for the battery housing.
I plan to write a note inside this card to make sure the recipient knows where to press to get the light to shine :)

Here's a little video:

Have you entered our challenge yet?
http://www.ablognamedhero.com/2017/06/challenge-interactive-with-chibitronics-part-two/

Thanks for visiting :)







1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the gold touches and of course the lighting of the star! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.