Sunday 25 March 2018

CASEing Simply Nailogical

Well, Holo everyone, it's me, Michelle.

Actually, there's no holo here (shock horror!) but I am CASEing a look by Cristine Rotenberg, AKA Simply Nailogical today. If you don't know who this is, you need to go and check out some of her videos on YouTube. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Well, whaddaya think?  Cool, right? Hilarious, too. I love checking out her videos for a little dose of pretty stuff and not a little ridiculousness to brighten up my day.

Anyway, I saw THIS video and decided to make a card. But not using nail polish. Because that would be messy. And I don't have any purple nail polish. Or orange. Or yellow.
I started with Strathmore Bristol cardstock, and created a scaled gradient with Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet and Blueprint Sketch. I splattered on some Distress Paint in Picket Pence, mixed with Perfect Pearls mist, then added more Perfect Pearls mixed with water.  The sentiment is die cut and stamped with the Hello Stamp & Cut set from Hero Arts.  I added some Wink of Stella to the sentiment, and a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to finish it off. I know, I know, there's no holo. Sorry.
AND I made a video! (I know, shock horror!)
So, Cristine (@simplynailogical on IG) cased @pinkieconspiracie on IG (check her out at https://www.instagram.com/p/BYSL3UZj6dF/?taken-by=pinkieconspiracie ) who had originally cased @snh001 on IG ( https://www.instagram.com/p/BSJBxTVBppP/?taken-by=snh001 )

Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, this is very cool. And I do happen to know of Simply Nailogical because of my younger daughter who is a devoted fan. She even has a t-shirt that says "Holo, it's me." LOL So, I know all about holo, too. Like you, I don't paint my nails, mostly due to where I work. Anyway, your card looks amazing! Love the gradient you achieved and all the shimmer and shine. I enjoyed the video and really like how you worked around your oops. That happening is one of the reasons why I rarely flick anything onto my cards. LOL I don't have the creative mind to work around it like you did so beautifully. LOL Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just showed your card to my daughter and she smiled really big and said Simply Nailogical! She knew right away who your inspiration was. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.