Sunday 21 October 2012

Earrings made by me!!!

Today, I went to the home of my workmate and crafty friend, Cathleena, to learn how to make jewellery using Precious Metal Clay.  Basically, it's this stuff that is like modelling clay, you can roll it out and stamp onto it (which is what I did), or make pretty much any shape you like, then dry it, file down the rough edges, then fire it with a butane torch - the firing burns off all the clay stuff, and leaves the metal.  After firing, you brush it with a wire brush and the remains of the clay magically disappears to reveal a silver masterpiece! A bit of polishing, some jump rings and some earring hooks, and I now have some wearable art!
Thanks to Cathleena for teaching me how to do this, and to Caitlin (another lovely crafty workmate) who taught Cathleena!!

4 comments:

  1. Your earrings are beautiful!!!
    Where did you get the clay to make such a masterpiece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my clay from http://www.polymerclay.com.au/pmc3claykits-c-269_274.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I will check out the link!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.