Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Delft pottery

 Sue Madex taught me this technique, and I just tweaked it a little by careful choice of colours, as I was going for a Delft pottery look.  Basically, you stamp your image - I chose a white card towards the blue-ish end of white, then stamped Hero Arts "Flourish Flower Border" in Colorbox Royal Blue pigment ink, and colored the flowers in with a very pale blue Tombow marker (that colour is discontinued, I believe).  Then cover the whole thing with Versamark ink, then clear emboss, and then cover again with Versamark, more embossing powder, more heat etc etc etc.  I did this about 5 or 6 times, then put the squares in the freezer for a minute, then as soon as you take them out, crack them to give the impression of crazed pottery.



Believe it or not, these two cards are BOTH on a base of Stampin' Up Ballet Blue - a colour that I absolutely love, and that they discontinued! Boo! :(    The day I photographed the 2nd one was very dull, and I used the flash, hence the colour being a bit odd.  However, you can see the cracked effect on the faux pottery much better in that photo ;)  Below is a close up of another card to show the cracked effect.



Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!