Sunday 20 March 2011

Deceptively simple

 This card looks relatively simple,  but there were a few steps involved.


First, I stamped the Hero ArtsClings "large flower" onto scrap paper, and cut it out right on the outline to make a mask (I've kept it for future use - that's one good thing about making masks, you can reuse them).   I then stamped the same stamp onto the card in SU whisper white pigment ink, and embossed in white.  Then I used the mask to cover this image, and stamped the same image all over the card front in Versamark, and heat set it. This means the main image stands alone without any Versamark ink over the image.

Then, I got out my aqua pen and did a series of washes of the whisper white in onto parts of the main image - I built this up slowly so I would get some areas more intense than others.  

The rest is easy - some see through ribbon, a scrap of white card and a SU sentiment stamp coloured in a Tombow marker to match the main card, and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.