Wednesday 6 July 2011

Week 2, card 3 - I made a breakthrough!

I am very happy with the card I have made today and I'm quite proud of myself - because I managed to use two different patterned papers on one card - one right on top of the other!  ( For me, this is a breakthrough!)

Using multiple patterned papers together is something I avoid - I don't do it well, because I'm chicken.   One of the many reasons I admire Kristina Werner's work is her fearless use of multiple patterned papers together - and it always works!!! Mine usually don't - but I think this one does :)


I also sponged the edges of the card, and the edge of the green patterned paper - something I don't often do, but I like it here, especially on the green.


The patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket, the butterfly is from a Hero Arts clear set, and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up. 

I also used the weekly colour scheme for the Summer Card Camp as well - with orange as my main colour!!! Another breakthrough!! Orange is just not me........ well, it's actually closer to apricot, so maybe that's how I managed it :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the use of the pink cloud paper, and I think your use of 2 patterned papers works really well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Michelle - Your bravery rewarded you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, really love this card!The clouds, scalloped paper and butterfly are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors and layering are great. I love that buttefly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that butterfly! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.