Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Week 2, card 3 - I made a breakthrough!

I am very happy with the card I have made today and I'm quite proud of myself - because I managed to use two different patterned papers on one card - one right on top of the other!  ( For me, this is a breakthrough!)

Using multiple patterned papers together is something I avoid - I don't do it well, because I'm chicken.   One of the many reasons I admire Kristina Werner's work is her fearless use of multiple patterned papers together - and it always works!!! Mine usually don't - but I think this one does :)


I also sponged the edges of the card, and the edge of the green patterned paper - something I don't often do, but I like it here, especially on the green.


The patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket, the butterfly is from a Hero Arts clear set, and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up. 

I also used the weekly colour scheme for the Summer Card Camp as well - with orange as my main colour!!! Another breakthrough!! Orange is just not me........ well, it's actually closer to apricot, so maybe that's how I managed it :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the use of the pink cloud paper, and I think your use of 2 patterned papers works really well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Michelle - Your bravery rewarded you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, really love this card!The clouds, scalloped paper and butterfly are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors and layering are great. I love that buttefly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that butterfly! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!