Friday 8 July 2011

Week 2, card 5

I decided to try Jennifer McGuire's technique of white embossing and watercolouring.  I tried the way she did it in her Summer Card Camp video (removing the powder with a Versamarked stamp), but it was an unmitigated disaster!!  So I tried it with one of the very few stamps I own with a negative image.   I also set myself the task of using 3 patterned papers on one card, working from Kristina's week 2 suggestions.    Here's the result: 

I sat here for about 5 minutes trying to decide whether to add the sentiment or not, and then to decide whether to put it in green or orange.  Working from Kristina Werner's suggestions about balance, the card was perfectly balanced before I added the sentiment, but it just looked incomplete to me.  Oh, well! Personally, I like it better with the sentiment than without it.  I think it just anchors it.  :)



I don't have twinkling H2Os, so I just scribbled Tombow markers onto my cutting mat, put some diluted shimmer paint onto it, and painted with my aqua pen.  Next time, I will use more shimmer paint - it is very hard to pick up on the card, let alone in the photo!! 

1 comment:

  1. I like the sentiment too and good choice of color. Love those flowers and the pattern papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.