Thursday, 5 September 2013

Sympathy cards

I haven't made any sympathy cards in a while - I will have to make a pile of them, because I really dislike making them when I need them.  I'd much rather just have a stash ready. 

I made these ones last night using my brand new Hero Arts cling stamp, Leafy Vines, which I clear embossed for an elegant, subtle background.  I also pulled out my gold embossing powder for the sentiment, which has been gathering dust for a while. The sentiment is a VERY old stamp from "Stamps Happen Inc".

 (sorry about this photo looking a bit grey - the shiny embossing powder made the light balance go a bit off- centre)

I made 2 cards while I had the supplies out (do you do this too?), but I made the 2nd one in landscape orientation. I'm not sure which orientation I prefer.....
I hope you're having a lovely day and a great week - thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the orientation of the top one best but they are both serene and beautiful -perfect stamps for a sympathy card .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Michele, I may have to scrap lift for myself as I have the same fillings, it's not one you plan ahead for. You need it NOW. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!