Sunday, 12 January 2014

Retro Sketches #97

Playing along with Retro Sketches as their guest for January - I made a birthday card for my sister-in-law with this sketch.
I know, not my usual backdrop for card photos, but with all that white space, it looked quite odd with a white backdrop, so I went with something different.
I used Hero Arts Leafy Vines stamped onto some Hero Arts Hero Hues card (from a mixed set - blush) in Versamark, then clear embossed.  I used a Hero Arts/Sizzix butterfly die (from Antique Flowers and Butterflies) to cut a window, and stamped a sentiment from Avery Elle "Fanfare" in Hero Hues black and Stampin' Up's Stem Silhouettes (it's discontinued, sorry) in Soft Pink Shadow Ink inside the butterfly.  I added some strips of card coloured with HA Wet Cement shadow ink as a border, and some clear sequins and bling.
 Make sure you visit Retro Sketches and play along with this week's challenge, RS#97. 

http://retrosketches.blogspot.com.au/
Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love your tone on tone stamping and placement of the sentiment! Wish you a happy healthy 2014, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty, pretty! The flower inside the butterfly, the sequins, the lovely panel...wow! Such a wonderful take on the sketch!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Michelle - LOVE the negative die cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card - love the botanicals peeking through the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my God!! this is a stunner, i love the clear embossing and the stamping behind the negative diecut :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!