Sunday, 19 January 2014

Retro Sketches time!

It's time for another Retro Sketches card - I'm playing along with Arielle, Kasia and Laurie and as a guest designer during January - here's my card, based on a sketch from a card by Laurie.
I used some absolutely beautiful Japanese paper on this card - I left the rest very simple to let the paper take centre stage. The sentiment is one of my very first stamp purchases - it's VERY old - from Artee Stamps - I thought the calligraphic font went well with the Japanese paper.

http://retrosketches.blogspot.com.au/
Come on over to Retro Sketches to check out what the other design team members came up with, and join in on the fun!
Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Michelle! Makes me want to get out my Japanese paper and play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Michelle! Your calligraphy sentiment pairs so perfectly with the paper. I also adore the flowers. Such a perfect card! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, it totally made my day!! Thank you for selecting me as your HM pick at Fusion too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, love your card, the DSP is fab. I have been checking out your blog and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love that the sentiment font goes perfectly with the Japanese paper in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, that paper IS gorgeous!!! And you're right about the font of the sentiment----a perfect fit for this card!! What a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!