Monday 27 January 2014

Snow stencil, but not on a snowy card!

I thought I'd try using my Simon Says Stamp falling snow stencil today, but not over an entire card.  I put the texture paste on the stencil first thing this morning, took the stencil off, left it to dry, and then when I came back to it early this afternoon, I had NO IDEA what to do with it!  I cut a square panel of card to be the focal point, but coun't figure out what to put on it!  I tried leaves, I tried a monster, I tried flowers, then I gave up.  Just came back to it after dinner, and as soon as I decided to try a Valentine's Day card, it just came together :)   Yay!
I'll be submitting this card to Just Us Girls #225, and to CAS on Sunday's Lovely Dovey challenge.

I'm wondering if anyone else out there uses Martha Stewart Crafts texture paste with their stencils?  I have some VERY old texture paste from Jo Sonja, but it smells quite strongly of paint, and the smell doesn't completely fade when it dries, so I bought the Martha Stewart Crafts White Texture Effect paste.  When I first opened it, it looked almost like a foam - very odd consistency.  But when it goes on, it is quite grainy, which means that when I try to use it on a stencil with larger open spaces, I get these streaks and scratches where the grains have dragged across the surface. 
I haven't seen the Wendy Vecchi paste in any shops here in Australia - I might just have to wait until my next internet order, which will probably be months away. Oh, well.  It works OK with stencils that have quite small open spaces, so I'll have to stick to them.
 Thanks for visiting :)

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute Michelle! Love your embossing paste snow ... and it's perfect with your stitched panel with hearts - sweet! :) I use Dreamweaver embossing paste - it's very smooth. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool card, Michelle!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Michelle :)
    Scrapbook Boutique have just started stocking Wendy Vecchi, but I'm using Jo Sonja's at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love the snow with those pretty Valentines. I had trouble find embossing paste at the local craft store, so went to Pinterest and found a lady who uses Dap Fast N' Final Lightweight Spackling. I bought some at Walmart, and it worked great! It is snowy white, but she said you can use ground up chalk to tint it any color you need. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun font, well done using the stencil and love the spary of hearts. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty! Funny how walking away from a project for a while can help! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you've used the snow stencil on your card. You've given such a great illusion of movement to your card with the floating hearts. Love it!
    thanks for joining us at just us girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool and super pretty card :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a clever and different CAS card!!Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.