Sunday 26 January 2014

Watercolour with a stencil

This is my second post for today - for my Retro Sketches card, please click HERE

Trying to combine ideas from two of the Online Card Class teachers in this card - using watercolours with a stencil (and enbracing the imperfections!) like Laura Bassen, and stamping over a stencil like Kristina Werner.
I watercoloured over the KaiserCraft "Leaves" template with Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers.  I then stamped over it with Hero Arts/Basic Grey "Flower Dot Pattern) in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers, removed the stencil and stamped a sentiment from Avery Elle's "Oh Happy Day" (does anyone else wish that that stamp set had the sentiment "Happy Birthday" in the same font!?? LOVE the font, and I would use Happy Birthday over and over and over!!)
http://onlinecardclasses.com

P.S. I had some Distress inks left on my craft mat, so I smooshed some watercolour paper into it and made another card.  It was one of those cards that didn't quite work, and instead of binning it and starting afresh, I just kept on and on, adding and adding, and ended up with a train wreck of a card.  Very dark, too many layers, just too much of everything.  Wrong, wrong wrong.  *sigh*  Oh well!!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool. Looks so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle. Love the two techniques together - amazing effect! Love your colors and perfect for a sympathy card. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.