Sunday, 26 January 2014

Watercolour with a stencil

This is my second post for today - for my Retro Sketches card, please click HERE

Trying to combine ideas from two of the Online Card Class teachers in this card - using watercolours with a stencil (and enbracing the imperfections!) like Laura Bassen, and stamping over a stencil like Kristina Werner.
I watercoloured over the KaiserCraft "Leaves" template with Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers.  I then stamped over it with Hero Arts/Basic Grey "Flower Dot Pattern) in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers, removed the stencil and stamped a sentiment from Avery Elle's "Oh Happy Day" (does anyone else wish that that stamp set had the sentiment "Happy Birthday" in the same font!?? LOVE the font, and I would use Happy Birthday over and over and over!!)
http://onlinecardclasses.com

P.S. I had some Distress inks left on my craft mat, so I smooshed some watercolour paper into it and made another card.  It was one of those cards that didn't quite work, and instead of binning it and starting afresh, I just kept on and on, adding and adding, and ended up with a train wreck of a card.  Very dark, too many layers, just too much of everything.  Wrong, wrong wrong.  *sigh*  Oh well!!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool. Looks so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle. Love the two techniques together - amazing effect! Love your colors and perfect for a sympathy card. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!