Friday 2 May 2014

A Blog Named Hero - Inspired By!

Our latest challenge at A Blog Named Hero is up and running - we are taking our inspiration from a Hero Arts artist.  I chose Kelly Rasmussen, who stamped a crisp rainbow background from a small stamp.
My background is much less crisp than hers, because I used Faber Castell Gelatos mixed with water as my "ink" (these were a gift - some from Lyndal Higgins and some from Joy Taylor - thanks so very much, lovely ladies!) This meant that the star stamp sometimes took up more pigment, sometimes less, sometimes got splotches of pigmented water bubbles in it, and sometimes got blobs of more intense gelato pigment.  I'm usually a bit fussy about getting nice, crisp images from stamps, but I quite like the loose quality I got from the gelatos.  

We're playing with Mama Elephant stamps this month - this little giraffe is from their Nursery Deco set - so incredibly cute!!
STOP PRESS!!! 
Mama Elephant is offering a prize for each of our challenges this month - 2 stamp sets!!!
  
There's also a prize from our AMAZING sponsor, Simon Says Stamp
Make sure you visit A Blog Named Hero to check out the rest of the creations by our design team. I can't wait to see what you make!  
Have a great day :)

Supplies:


3 comments:

  1. Really cute image and a stellar card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the Gelatos Michelle! Very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, Lynda, I just got some gelatos and I am in love with your background. The whole card is just so 'precious' too. It iwill be treasured and is perfect for a baby book or scrapbook too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.