Saturday 4 April 2015

A girly birthday card

I haven't had much time to make cards for challenges recently, so I went looking for challenges, and found four that I wanted to join in with - and then I made one card that fits all 4 challenges!  This card is for a very special friend of mine, Stella - Happy Birthday, lovely lady!
I stamped a bouquet of Wplus9 flowers on the white base card in strong colours, so that they would show through the vellum window (which was die cut with Lil' Inkers designs stitched rectangles and stitched circles).  The die cut and stamped flowers and leaves in front of the vellum were stamped in softer tones of Hero Arts shadow inks.  I die cut the word "birthday" (from Simon Says Stamp) twice and glued them together to give the word a bit more stability.  The pink stamped, clear embossed word "girl" is from a Hero Arts set of sentiments called "birthday sayings". The final touch was some Zig "Wink of Stella" onto the die cut blooms and flowers. It's a pity the Wink of Stella is so hard to photograph - it gives such a lovely, subtle glimmer that really lifts the whole card.

The four challenges I'll be submitting this card to all have different themes!  They are Virginia's View - Layers and Dimension, ColourQ CQC #285CASology "Spring" and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge "Birthday".  

http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/virginias-view-challenge-14.htmlhttp://colourq.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/colourq-challenge-285.htmlhttp://casology.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/week-140-spring.html

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-happy-birthday-3/
I hope you have a lovely day - thanks for visiting :)


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Michelle! So nice to have the Easter break to make some cards!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Love the shadow effect created by the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! I love how you incorporated the vellum ;) thank you for playing a long with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle!! Such a pretty card. I love how flowers show through the vellum. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty Michelle - the vellum makes such a pretty and soft backdrop behind the bright blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful. I'll be copying this card for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.