Thursday 9 July 2015

Case-ing this sketch

I've been wanting to join in with the challenge at CASe this sketch all week, but only found time at the last minute! 
I used Hero Arts "Little One" and Wplus9 "Party Animal" for this card, embossing the image and the sentiment in white. I then blended Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick and Spun sugar over the top panel (after die cutting the edge with the edge of a Spellbinders die).  I then coloured the little giraffe with Distress Markers in Spiced Marmalade and Picket Fence.  I thought the sentiment needed a bit more definition, so I created a shadow with a Copic Marker (W1).  I thought the pink background looked too flat, so I sprayed a background stamp (Hero Arts Garden Tile Background) with water and stamped over the whole panel, which removed little bits of colour - not heaps, just enough to give a bit of texture.  After mounting the panel onto a top-folding white card, the Simon Says Stamp sequins were the finishing touch.

http://casethissketch.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/case-this-sketch-130.html
Thanks for visiting :)

4 comments:

  1. Michelle so glad you found time to play along. This is so sweet and totally awesome!
    Thank you for joining us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so super sweet! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.