Saturday 28 November 2015

From simple to not so simple

A friend of mine needed some Christmas wreaths stamped and die cut for a class she's taking, so I got out my Stampin' Up Wondrous Wreath set and some inks and got stamping.
But then I thought I'd make myself some Christmas cards while I was at it.  I thought I'd try to make three similar cards, but vary the complexity - starting with simple and ending up with more layers and components.

So, here's card 1:

I used the Stampin' Up "Wondrous Wreath" stamp set, along with some Hero Arts shadow inks (Green Hills, Red Royal, and Ombre - Lime to Forever Green), and a sentiment from Hero Arts "Joy to the World".  A touch of Wink of Stella finished the card.

 Here's card 2:

 For this one, I die cut the wreath and popped it up on dimensional adhesive.   I also stamped and die cut the bow.  A touch of Wink of Stella finished the card.
Here's card 3:


For this one, I used an ink blending tool to colour the card base in Green Hills ink, and then die cut a white stitched square panel using a Lil' Inkers Designs die.  The wreath is the same as the 2nd card, but I added some of the little red flowers as well.  For the sentiment, I die cut the Merry using the die from the Hero Arts "Merry Stamp & Cut" set. I stamped the word "Christmas" from the same set onto some vellum in black Versafine ink, and clear embossed it before wrapping the vellum around the entire panel with the wreath, and gluing the Merry on top. A touch of Wink of Stella on the flowers, berries, and darker leaves finished the card.  

Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice collection of cards, great way to show people how it can look good whether they take the basic or more advanced version. All look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each has it's own personality, but I like them all!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.