Friday, 26 February 2016

Instagram hop!

There's a hop of a different kind happening today - not a blog hop, but an Instagram hop, to celebrate an Instagram milestone for Jessica Frost-Ballas - 2000 followers! Jessica asked me to join in, and of course I said yes! Huge congrats to Jessica, and a big thank you to her for asking me to be a part of the hop :) 
This looks watercoloured by hand, but it isn't! It is a cling mount stamp set from Rubbernecker Stamps, called "Flowers in the Breeze", and it was a Kris Kringle gift from a Fusion challenge team mate, Shannon Jaramillo - thanks, Shannon! 
I used a combination of Stampin' Up inks and Tombow markers for the stamping. I did add a little bit of water to soften a couple of the flowers and leaves. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp "Big Scripty Greetings", stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and then clear embossed. I used a Hero Arts "Envelope Pattern" background stamp stamped in Soft Pool Shadow Ink on the pool background.
 The hopping crafters were given this colour palette to play with:
I hope you will all hop along - you can go and visit Instagram to do so.

 My username is emellell73, and Jessica's is JessicaAFrost. Come and hop along!

Jessica's blog post is HERE -  she has a bunch of prizes to give away to people who comment on blog posts and Instagram posts in the hop - check out her blog for more details of the giveaway ;) 

Thanks for visiting :)

23 comments:

  1. I am so happy that I found your Instagram account and blog through this hop! You are so talented! Your cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Watercolor card and thanks for the awesome tutorial 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and you're right...I totally thought you watercolored it by hand! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Gorgeous take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great color combo! Your card is beautiful and really looks like a watercolor, not a stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully presented card. I love the softness of the watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors on your card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card and I love the colors. It does look watercolored like you said but you didn't do that. Wow! Everyone on this hop has done some really pretty cards. I am liking so many of the cards on this hop and my legs are getting tired from all the hopping but I am going to continue! I just need a drink of water before my next hop! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought this same stamp set! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the reminder that I need to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so amazing!!! I saw your card over on IG earlier this week and didn't realize the stamp was designed to look like a watercolored image - so cool!!! I love how you've used the colors provided by Jessica to create this stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I like the colors and the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!