Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Blues and greens for a Happy birthday

I had a desire to get inky. Really inky.  So I pulled out some watercolour paper and some Distress Inks. 
 I used the Mehndi Medallions stamp set from Papertrey Ink (it's an older set), and whitte heat embossed the large medallion onto watercolour paper. I then smooshed Distress Inks in various blue and green colours onto my craft mat, spritzed them with water and dunked my panel into the watery inky puddles.  I dried the panel with my heat gun, then repeated this a few times to get the depth of colour, and the splotches of colour I wanted. 
The sentiment from Simon Says Stamp was white embossed onto vellum, and wrapped around the watercolour panel, before attaching the whole lot to a white card base.  A sprinkling of sequins from Pretty Pink Posh was the final touch.

Thanks for visiting :)

Edited: after a couple of suggestions, I will be linking this card up at the Inkspirational challenge - Mint and Navy
http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/challenge-108-colour-mint-and-navy.html

15 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Michelle, love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colours with the white embossing and the vellum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUch a Beautiful card ! I loved the look of heat embossing on dark inky bg a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly gorgeous! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Please, please, please run it over to Inkspirational Challenges #108, where our theme is Navy and Mint. I'd love to see you in the gallery! Here's the link: http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.ca/2016/05/challenge-108-colour-mint-and-navy.html
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! THANK YOU for sharing this gem in the Ink Gallery!
      ~c

      Delete
  6. Oh I absolutely love this! Your bg is wonderful and I love these medallions, I have this set too and was just looking at it the other day thinking I should use it again! Thanks for the inspiration... And thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is fantastic! Your use of the ink is masterful... such a beautiful background with the big medallion. The vellum with sentiment is a lovely touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Medallion stamp is so detailed and beautiful! Your background looks gorgeous with that medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS on your Top 3 @ Inkspirational Michell, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, well-deserved top three at Inkspirational. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm finally getting around to using this stamp, and looked on Pinterest for some inspiration. Your card is stunning! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!