Monday, 7 November 2016

Challenge me a Christmas Card 2

Challenge me a Christmas Card is back, this time with a card using my oldest Christmas stamp. I was challenged to dig out my oldest Christmas stamp by Susan Rahaila, and I was challenged to make a Christmas carol-themed card by my choir buddy, Di.
This "Deck the halls" stamp is by an Australian company called Stamp-It. When I first started making cards, it was Christmas cards, but I used to do calligraphy, or illuminated letters, or dry embossing with little metal plates and a stylus. It was a bit of a leap for me to use a rubber stamp on a card, but I'm glad I did!
There is still a small part of me that dislikes this stamp, though - I have been a member of numerous choirs over the years, and every good chorister knows that the line in the carol is NOT "Deck the Halls" - it is "Deck the Hall".  I have come very close to attacking this stamp with a craft knife to excise the offending "s", but I have refrained (mainly because I was scared the knife would slip and I would damage the rest of the stamp!)  
 Thanks for visiting Challenge me a Christmas Card part 2!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! You've inspired me to dig out my oldest Christmas stamp to play too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!