Monday 5 December 2016

Christmas tags

I wanted to make some simple, quick Christmas tags today on some white cardstock I'd already cut with a tag top (cut with a punch from Stampin' Up).  I started thinking I would stamp the outline "Peace Poinsettias" from Hero Arts in black, then stamp the solid poinsettia inside the outline to colour it. But at some stage, I changed my mind. 

I pulled out my Inktense pencils and coloured them, before adding some water (I didn't use watercolour paper, I had to be sparing with the water). I then decided I needed a background colour, so I pulled out a Distress Ink reinker in Tumbled Glass, and painted it close to the poinsettias.  I then thought I was done, until I looked at my desk and saw my Wink of Stella brush, and I had to add some glimmer.  The last thing I did on the cardstock was decide that the space in the bottom right would not be for my to/from message, but for a sentiment from Avery Elle, which I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and clear heat embossed. The final step was to add some red ribbon with white polka dots.
 Thanks for visiting :)  I'll be back again tomorrow with another "Challenge me a Christmas Card" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.